Current OpportunitiesAssociate Patent Attorney (Engineering) - San Jose, CA; New York, NY; Remote Considered
Our team sets us apart. Haley Guiliano LLP is continuously looking for talented individuals to join us. Below is information on our current hiring opportunities.
Associate Patent Attorney (Engineering) - San Jose, CA; New York, NY; Remote Considered
- Title: Associate Patent Attorney (Engineering)
- Location: San Jose (Downtown), CA / New York (Financial District), NY / Remote Work Considered
- Travel: As needed / Typically <10%
- Job Type: Full-time
Haley Guiliano and A Patent Attorney’s Role
Haley Guiliano LLP prides itself on delivering its clients the highest service in intellectual property matters. If you are interested in building patent portfolios that make a business difference, consider joining us. We have offices in San Jose, New York, and London. Our clients work across a varied range of technologies, including engineering and life sciences. Our San Jose and New York offices are actively seeking excellent patent attorneys with at least 2 years of practice in engineering / computer science disciplines. We look for savvy team members and develop them to deliver the highest client service. Our associates receive immediate client responsibilities with interesting clients.
- 2-4 years of patent preparation/ prosecution practice.
- At least a BS in Physics or an Engineering discipline (EE, Computer Engineering, CS, etc…) or industrial experience in an engineering field. Deep experience with computer hardware, networking infrastructure, or semiconductor fabrication will be beneficial. Advance degrees and industrial working experience are both welcome. We protect some of the most interesting technology in the world and a genuine understanding of current topics including, artificial intelligence, machine learning, network architecture, and signal processing is essential to our work.
- A JD from a top-tier law school with an excellent academic record.
- Admission to practice before the USPTO and either the New York or the California bar association (depending on whether you are interested in our CA or NY office). We will also consider remote candidates who are duly licensed to practice patent law.
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, a healthy imagination for problem solving, and a desire to pitch-in and help.
- A strong drive and willingness to own projects and see them to completion.
- A practical understanding of how a patent makes a real-world difference. Exposure to other legal skills like litigation and transactions will certainly help a candidate.
- Multi-dimensional interests. Whether it is deep knowledge of Star Trek or a refined love of cooking, we run best with interesting people.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Honing your practice by following legal and practical developments in intellectual property law and our clients’ industries.
- Conferring with inventors about their inventions.
- Counseling clients on strategies for how to protect their inventions.
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications.
- Defending our clients’ patents against third party challenges.
- Helping our clients when third parties have misappropriated their intellectual property.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Deep investment in your professional and personal development.
- A casual and collegial work environment.
- Downtown San Jose location minutes away from 101 and 280 freeways and Caltrain.
- Fitness center in office building with full gym.
- Financial District NYC location close to subway and ferries.
If you would like to explore working with us, submit in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- a current resume;
- your law school and non-law school transcripts (unofficial is acceptable); and
- a writing sample (pick something that you think shows off your ability to communicate clearly and concisely) and a list of at least 5 patents that you have prepared and prosecuted from filing to issuance.
Haley Guiliano is committed to providing all of its employees equal opportunity in any and all employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation as required by law.Scroll to top