Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals
The practitioners in Haley Guiliano’s pharmaceuticals and chemicals practice speak your language, no matter what discipline: organic chemistry, physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, polymer science, material science, or combinatorial chemistry. Our team is comprised of trained chemists and biochemists, several having Ph.D.s in chemistry-related fields. Whether a client has developed a new chemical entity, a new process for synthesizing chemicals, or a new formulation for effectively preserving or delivering compounds, Haley Guiliano has the technical knowledge and legal expertise to help it protect and maximize the value its invention.
Haley Guiliano works with clients to:
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Coordinate the worldwide prosecution of patent portfolios, including patents covering core technologies, products in clinical development, and blockbuster drugs.
- Protect their patents or challenge third-party patents in post-grant proceedings at the USPTO and European Patent Office (EPO).
- Determine strategies for contested proceedings in various foreign patent offices.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of their own patent portfolios.
- Evaluate third party patents for value, validity, and/or freedom operate.
- Litigate patent infringement proceedings in various tribunals, including the International Trade Commission (ITC) and U.S. Federal District and Appellate Courts.
The practitioners in our pharmaceuticals and chemicals practice have experience in the prosecution, procurement, evaluation, and litigation of patents related to:
- Chemical compounds
- Chemical manufacturing processes
- Flavor modification
- Second medical uses
- Consumer products
- Drug delivery and dosing