The complex technical and legal issues in biotechnology require creative and experienced attorneys and patent agents. The practitioners in Haley Guiliano’s biotechnology practice have worked with molecular biology pioneers and are true innovators in the protection of biotechnological inventions. Each team member has a Ph.D. and calls upon that training to both understand the technical nuances of our clients’ needs and for the problem-solving skills research demands.
Haley Guiliano counsels and represents a variety of clients including individual inventors, universities, start-up companies, and mid-size and large biotechnology companies. Our team helps clients maximize the potential of their core technologies, protect their early innovations and develop them into billion-dollar products, and maintain market share in competitive therapeutic spaces. Haley Guiliano works with clients to:
Prepare and prosecute patent applications in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Coordinate the worldwide prosecution of patent portfolios, including patents covering core technologies, products in clinical development, and blockbuster drugs.
- Protect their patents or challenge third-party patents in post-grant proceedings at the USPTO and European Patent Office (EPO).
- Determine strategies for contested proceedings in various foreign patent offices.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of their own patent portfolios.
- Evaluate third party patents for value, validity, and/or freedom operate.
- Litigate patent infringement proceedings in various tribunals, including the ITC and U.S. Federal District and Appellate Courts.
The practitioners in our biotechnology practice have experience in the prosecution, procurement, evaluation, and litigation of patents and products related to:
- Antibodies and biologics
- Diagnostics and personalized medicine
- Microbiology and fermentation
- Enzyme replacement therapy
- Recombinant DNA technologies
- Transgenic animals
- Cell-based assays
- Drug delivery and dosing