European Patent Attorney
Diana Pisani is a European Patent Attorney, European Designs Attorney, UK Chartered Patent Attorney, and U.S. Patent Agent in the IP rights management group.
Diana has extensive experience in the drafting and prosecution of British, European, U.S. and PCT patent applications and European Community Design applications as well as managing prosecution of patent applications in China, Japan, South Korea, Australia and other countries.
Previously, Diana worked as an Examiner at the U.K. Patent Office (now the U.K. Intellectual Property Office), where she searched and examined British patent applications relating to mechanical and electrical subject matter, specializing in sensors and monitoring arrangements based on measurement of resistance, capacitance and radiation.
Diana then worked for a London firm of patent and trade mark attorneys for 9 years, later returning to that firm as a consultant, dealing primarily with telecommunications, printing and display technology, medical devices and software-implemented inventions. In between, Diana spent three and half years at a U.S. law firm in Los Angeles, California handling prosecution of patent applications in a number of jurisdictions, as well as drafting and filing U.S. patent applications.
Diana’s academic background is in Astrophysics and Spacecraft Technology, with an emphasis on instrumentation for x-ray astronomy and particle physics experiments and on observational cosmology.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (Fellow)
- European Patent Institute (Member)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (Patent Agent Affiliate)
- National Association of Patent Practitioners (Member)
- Presenter, “Writing and Amending a European Patent Application”, Credits for Conservation Advanced Patent Law Seminar (October 16-17, 2011)
- Presenter, “Prosecution before the European Patent Office” segment of “Protecting Inventions in Europe and Managing European Patent Files” webinar for the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (May 2 2012)
- Part of my script for the drafting paper of the European Qualifying Examination is included in Rudge, A. & Roberts, S., “A Complete Guide to Passing the European Qualifying Examination and Qualifying as a European Patent Attorney”, revised editions, Sweet & Maxwell (2006 and 2008)